1. LOSING IT is doing so well! It's still high on the charts on B&N and it's broken the top ten on Amazon! Whooo-hoo! Thank you all so much for your support! Seriously...
2. I signed with an agent! And not just any agent, no! I signed with the awesomepants/amazingpants/allthepants super agent Suzie Townsend of New Leaf Literary!
I'm am so incredibly excited to be a part of the New Leaf family, and Suzie has been my dream agent ever since I wrote my first manuscript years ago (Thanks Poli-sci class for providing me ample writing time). Everyone has been so enthusiastic and supportive, and I couldn't be happier. What this means for LOSING IT: The book is currently being shopped with a few traditional publishers, and the New Leaf team will also be representing/shopping foreign and film rights for the book. Some of you may have noticed that it's no longer for sale on Amazon outside the U.S. I apologize. This was a necessary step to begin pursuing foreign rights sales. I promise though to keep you updated of future sales! This new step in my career means great things for both me and my books!
3. On the SAME DAY that I signed with Suzie "Allthepants" Townsend, I also found out that LOSING IT was ranked at #30 on this week's USA TODAY Bestseller List!
4. As if that wasn't amazing enough, that SAME NIGHT, Suzie and the New Leaf team called to tell me that they'd seen an early list of the New York Times Bestsellers List (for the week of Nov. 4th), AND I WAS ON IT. I WAS ON IT AT #15 for the eBook bestseller list AND #18 FOR COMBINED PRINT/EBOOK! Holy heart attack, Batman! I think I screamed Suzie's ear off on the phone!
5. Okay... so I don't really have a number five. But I just like it when things come in fives. :D So, I'll just say that it has been a whirlwind of a week. Seriously, I think there have been more major OMG moments this week than the last ten years of my life combined. And I have you all to thank for it! I have to thank the amazing bloggers that have posted reviews or features or participated in the blog tour. I have to thank my readers who have talked to me on Twitter or Facebook or sent emails (Seriously, I know I'm behind on answering you all, but I read every one, and they fill my heart with such joy). Thank you also for recommending the book to your friends-- best compliment ever! I have to thank family and friends, who encouraged me when I decided to self-publish. This has become so much bigger than any of us could have imagined. I just love you all! I LOVE THE WORLD (which for someone whose natural sense of humor is more bitter than black coffee... that is huge)!
So thank you all! I promise future updates as things move forward!
In Awkward <3,