Teamwork is such a huge part of the story, and so much of publishing is about teamwork too. I have people behind me like my editor, agent, and publicists. More than that though, I have you guys. You're the driving force behind everything that happens with my books, and none of it would be possible without you.
So, I thought it was time to make that team official.
CALLING ALL READERS, BLOGGERS, AND JUST GENERALLY AWESOME PEOPLE!
I want YOU on the Rusk University Street Team! Yes, You!
What is a Street Team? (Great question!)
A street team is the ultimate set of super readers. I'm looking for people who've read all my books, and love my characters, and are eager for my next fictional journey! A street team helps spread the word about an authors books-- online, in person, and IN SPACE. (Okay... maybe not in space, but you get the idea.) In exchange for all that support, you basically become my people. You get all the inside info, special stuff, and tacklehugs and tequila if I ever meet you in person (The tequila is optional. The tacklehug is not.)
Interested? Here's some more details.
Here's what's in for you:
- Exclusive giveaways ONLY for street team members. ARCs, Swag, Signed copies, and other special stuff. Your odds of winning are MUCH better than when competing with the masses.
- Exclusive content and news. When a new book is releasing or I'm writing a new project, you guys will be the first to hear about it! You'll also be the first people I
torturetease with excerpts!
- Swag for you! Swag for your friends! Swag for strangers you bombard on the street! You shall be the swag queens (or kings... I'm looking at you, rare and exotic male fan).
- Every active street team member's name will appear in the acknowledgments of my books. Show all your friends how important and beloved you are!
- Membership in the exclusive Street team facebook group! Here you can chat with other fans, brainstorm promotional ideas, and hang out with me! I'll pop in for exclusive street team chats and hang outs. Not to mention I might pick your brain about books and characters you'd like to see. ;)
- One extra lucky Street Team member will get to join me as my assistant at an upcoming signing after the release of the book! I'll take care of your flight and hotel, and we'll just hang out, meet book people, bask in our awkward goodness.
As a street team member, there's lots of things you can do to help my books succeed. You don't have to do all of these, but these are some ways that the team can show their support.
In person you can...
- Talk the books up and share promo material with friends, family, co-workers, and bookclubs. You can even drop off promo materials at bookstores, libraries, coffee shops, etc.
- Buy my books the first week of release, which helps it get more visibility, thereby selling more books
- Ask your local library to order my books. Give the librarians the title, name and publisher of each book. In the same vein, ask your local bookstore to stock my books if they don't already.
Online you can...
- Share your (honest) review/rating of the book via Amazon, iBooks, BN.com, and Goodreads. I can't even begin to express how big a deal this is in terms of discoverability for new books.
- Share interviews, reviews, cover reveals, and other promotional events across your social media and online platforms (Blogs, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Spread the word about my books to your online friends and followers.
- “Like” my books and me on Amazon.com & BN.com
- Like, Retweet, and Share whenever/whatever you can!
- Recommend the books on Goodreads and elsewhere. As readers, you wield so much influence. And every little bit helps!
Many of you already do so much of this already, for which I am IMMENSELY grateful. These little things really do go a long way to helping a book succeed! You guys are THE BEST.
So if you love my books and are looking forward to All Lined Up (check out the goodreads page here), I'd love to have you on the team! If you want an idea of what the book will be like, you can read an excerpt here!
To apply to be on the team, fill out the information below. Because team members will receive goodies and extras, there's a limited number of spots available. So, make your applications count! We're looking for the most excited fans who are eager to help out!
The DEADLINE is 6PM ET on THURSDAY, MARCH 6TH!
We'll be announcing the final team sometime the next day on FRIDAY, MARCH 7TH!
Fill out the information below, and I CANNOT wait to meet you guys and have some of you join to Rusk Team!
*Application window is now closed*
STAY TUNED FOR THE STREET TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT!